The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

Resistance Bands

Resistance Bands

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Mon May 25, 2009 6:29 pm

I've got a few of these, and I've got them stored by the upstairs closet so I can use them while watching TV. Opinions? I find it's a really good way for me to get a cardio workout that actually works my upper body and doesn't get boring super fast.

Kyrose

Re: Resistance Bands

Post  Kyrose on Mon May 25, 2009 8:09 pm

From what i've heard, they are pretty handy. I've just never really figured out how to use them. what kind of exercises do you have in mind?

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Mon May 25, 2009 8:12 pm

Mostly just

a) Standing in the middle, and doing extended arm raises
    b) looping it around the post in the basement and doing pull-backs
    c) as above, but turned around to provide resistance during reverse-punches
    d) looped over the beam and doing pull-downs.

Pure bodyweight exercises still suck for me, due to my bodyweight/strength ratio, so these are a good way to tone / burn calories, which is my goal before more pure muscle development.

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Mon May 25, 2009 8:25 pm

Seems like a good idea to me. More or less preping the body for higher level exercises. That is the one area where bodyweight fails people, when the power to weight ratio limits them.

Depending on rep count, you'll probaly be able to get into some serious slow twitch training, which is in my opinion the good stuff.

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Mon May 25, 2009 8:58 pm

What is "slow twitch"? That seems oxymoronic.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:50 am