The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

REP COUNTING

Kyrose

REP COUNTING

Post  Kyrose on Tue May 26, 2009 10:26 pm

I'm thinking about trying alittle experiment with rep counting. I want to see if I'm capable of more reps when i dont have a count going.

I'm going to count the max reps i can do in one set tomorrow, like i allways do. probaly going to be something to the tune of 65-70.

Tonight however, i'm going to have my girlfriend count reps for me, silently. In order to prevent myself from counting, each rep i will count as 1.

I'm going to get CJ to remember the number of reps from today, and not tell me what it is until i'm done my set tomorrow.

Why not count tonight, and not tomorrow you might ask? because i want any extra endurance i might have built to work against me, so as to provide what i feel will be a more realistic view of what the differances are.

Re: REP COUNTING

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Wed May 27, 2009 3:44 pm

Take that, brain-imposed limits!

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Wed May 27, 2009 4:27 pm

More or less.

I'm a firm beleiver that thinking "I cant do that" is what stops us from being able to do things. If you think you can only do 50 reps, then all you'll do is about 50 reps.

Experiment is on hold actually. delayed onset of soreness made me to stiff to try things last night. no sense working hard to make myself weaker.

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Wed May 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Now you're thinking unAmerican!

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Thu May 28, 2009 3:52 pm

Opted to do the experiment all in one night, with one set right when i got home, the other later in the evening.

The results?

No differance.

60 reps each time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:54 am