The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

small steps

Kyrose

small steps

Post  Kyrose on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 pm

They key to any new fitness or diet is small steps. If you decide on monday that your going to completely overhaul your life, do a 100% change on your diet, and workout for 2 hours per day, by wednesday your ordering a pair of pizza's and drinking a dozen beer to drown the sorrow of allready failing.

The way to do things is slow. Order a medium instead of a large. order a small instead of a medium. then order a small, but turn it into two meals. Do a set of crunches in the morning. then do the crunches and some pushups that night. slowly add more and more as you grow used to what your doing.

The fastest way to fail at this is to take on too much to fast. Our brains dont like things to change, and we are all creatures of habit. If you try to much at once, you'll subconsiously freak out and hide burried deep in your old lifestyle.

Re: small steps

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:28 pm

I am working on it.

I am back to my tuna and crackers / beefaroni / tasty beans (mmm, fiber!) and so on at work, plus walking (DESPITE my EPIC sunburn right now).

Now that the house is no longer a viral barf-fest, I am going to burn my new alarm clock song to CD and pop it in the alarm clock tonight, and tomorrow FINALLY start on the elliptical. I might try it tonight if I can get the kids in to bed at a decent hour, since the basement is about 15 degrees cooler than upstairs, and I'm aimed at the TV anyways.

Outside of these steps, there's not much more my life has room to do.

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:55 am