The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

One Year Of My Life

Poll

Stupid?

[ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    50% [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    50% [50%] 

Total Votes: 2

One Year Of My Life

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:12 pm

Just something I've been working on.http://www.toppergrey.com/?page_id=135 The bulk of the text is still 'rough copy', and the thesis seems to bounce around a little bit too much, but in general, that's the plan.

And so far, it's been working great since Sunday night (except Monday dinner, because it was my Father's Day dinner, and I LIKE anchovies, dammit!) Anytime I'm about to break into my old routines, I just say to myself "One year. One year. I'm just taking one year off, and then I can do this again, have all the [whatever] I want, but for now, one year off." Maybe not all of that all the time, but something to that effect. Last night I had to go buy ice cream at Shopper's, and I wandered through all of their junk food aisles, just mumbling "One year" to myself, and I didn't buy anything.

Every morning I reach into the box of sugar cubes, and sometimes even grab a couple, then let go, remembering I'm off white sugar for one year.

The exercising has not gone too terribly well, since I pulled a muscle in my back Sunday night, and the baby is covered in bug bites so she spends a lot of time scratching and bleeding and screaming in her sleep. Early mornings do not a happy daddy make. I still walk at lunch, so I guess that's something. I might have bitten off more than I can chew to start with, metaphorically speaking.

Official Day 3 begins now, so here we go!

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:01 am