The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

Eggs are awesome

Kyrose

Eggs are awesome

Post  Kyrose on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Eggs are nearly the perfect food. For years and years before people realized whey protein was fit for human consumption, they were the standard for bodybuilding. There a scale of biological efficency for proteins, and i beleive eggs were once the top of it, with a score of 100. to put that in perspective, milk came in at about 85 (as part of the protein in it is whey. go figure.) and beef (a good cut) would score 75.

Packed full of vitamins, fats (good and bad), nutrients, and proteins, they make the perfect little meal. worried about calories? Ditch the yoke. Needing more calories for the sake of building mass? Add said yoke to a chocolate cake. Awesome food.

My only complaint is free range eggs are $7 per dozen now. pisses me off. Now some people might say "it doesnt make that big of a differance, stop being an idiot." To them i say NO! it is YOU who are being the IDIOT!!!!!?!

Who would you say lives in a cleaner, healthier place? A farmer in the middle of the prarries, with a population density of 1 per 10sq/km, or your average citizen of delhi with 11500 per sqkm. How do you make the people of delhi near the same for health? Juice them full of "natural" hormones, and a bunch of anti-biotics. Its the same for chickens. free range eggs, the birds move around, typicaly living an organic life. they get to exercise, and not be fed the cheapest crap money can buy. Normal eggs come from battery farms, where the birds spend thier short lives as machines, wallowing in thier own shit while being sustained by a constant flow of drugs. They cant move, as its less profitable to have free space. you could put another bird there and be making an extra 15c per day!

Anyway, thats my egg rant. awesome food, but buy the good ones or you'll grow man-boobs. (literaly. gogo pumping chickens full of estrogen to make them lay faster!!!)

Re: Eggs are awesome

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Did you watch Jamie's Fowl Dinners last night? They basically brought the battery farms, chick gassing chambers, and battery chickens (tumors and all!) to a nice restaurant, made everyone watch how they lived, and then fed them the chickens.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/jamiesfowldinners/

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Its retarded, isnt it. People wonder why they get sick after eating "healthy".

Fucking idiots.

Whats the saying? You are what you eat? Its funny because the medical industry would have us beleive that people not finishing thier run of drugs is whats creating super bugs. Not true at all. Its the farms where these things are born.

I'm willing to eat non-organic vegtables. With alot of them, its pretty hard to do anything that can really cause harm. but meat and meat products MUST be clean imo.

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:58 pm

With the exception of sausages that I barbecue the crap out of, all of our meat is now from local farms, just because I can't go back to eating off-pink styrofoam. Blearghagh. And bacon, I suppose, but I'm including bacon in my One Year, so I don't need to worry about that for a while. However, we're COMPLETELY out of meat, except for a few roasts, so I really can't wait to get another half of an animal ASAP.

We do, though, get one or two dozen eggs every week from the Hilltop Honey guy (I think it's still him). Farmer's Market guy. Great eggs.

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:01 pm

Whats he charge per dozen? The ones we buy from the store are 7 bucks. if he beats that price, he has our buisness.

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:06 pm

$3 / dozen, and you can talk to him at every Saturday market. It's Butch the Honey Guy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:33 pm