The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

ufc 100 = best ever!

Poll

Best moment?

[ 1 ]
    25% [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    25% [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    50% [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 4

Kyrose

ufc 100 = best ever!

Post  Kyrose on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Wow. very much impressed. Save for the last fight, that was lame. GSP seems 100% willing to go up and fight Silva. He no longer cares about the belt he's holding, he knows its his. He wants to fight now for the sake of a challenge. There really is only one man outside of heavyweight that could provide this challenge, and GSP says he'd want to take the time to build the mass properly. Maybe some time around ufc 107 we could see this happen.

Lesner... What to say. Least sportsman like person in the UFC. Dana is going to make so much money off of him it really isnt funny. He seems like an unstoppable monster, but He still has a very weak standup game, and as good as he seems on the ground, he's had a 15-20% weight advantage over everybody hes fought. Would he have beaten Couture had Randy been in his mid 30's? Would he have beaten Mir had Mir actually seemed interested in the fight? No one can say, but i'm sure there is a fighter out there who has his number. its just a question of weither or not Dana will let said fighter take on his new cash-cow.

Such a good fight night.

Re: ufc 100 = best ever!

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:20 pm

I stand by my definition of Lesnar as "Sylvia 2.0". It's just a matter of time before someone can handle the level of damage that Sylvia/Lesnar can dish out, and still take the bigger guy down. With Sylvia, it was just a matter of waiting until he was so pathetically out of shape (for a UFC champion) that all it took was a hard head and brass balsl to take him down (Monson could have CRUSHED him, but they were both too wary).

Man, 5 rounds with GSP! Of Thiago had landed ONE of those concrete-smashing punches, it would have been a VERY different fight, but against GSP, he had no chance of landing said punch. Tough mofo, though!

And the first fight, Yoshiyama should make that one-eyed face-pulp pirate-smile his official picture from NOW ON! Damn!

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Did you notice the way Yoshiyama held his lead hand down lower? Did it seem weird yet familiar to you?

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Who held which hand lower?

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:27 pm

Yosh. sorry, should have clarified. Edited it allready.

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Not specifically, no. Who doth it remind ye of?

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Derrick. Whenever he's doing any form of sparing, he allways has his lead hand down, almost at his thigh. I've never really figured out why.

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:32 pm

I have seen that in a lot of places, but yeah, I have also seen that among the higher ranks. Easier for slapping mid-range strikes out of the way, tends to draw the opponent in more (you can't kill your opponent if he's TOO far away). Other than that, I really don't know why he does it.

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:44 pm

My theory is, when i figure out why he does it i'm ready to teach the style.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:39 pm