The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

Temperature - Effect?

Temperature - Effect?

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:42 pm

When I'm on the elliptical, it takes about 10 minutes to really get up to sweating and gulping for air, and I mean REALLY sweating. When I'm going for a walk outside, I don't gulp for air, or even breathe that hard, but due to the temperature outside, I'm sweating buckets in 10 minutes.

Is the temperature just causing me to sweat, or does it make the walking / exercise better?

Kyrose

Re: Temperature - Effect?

Post  Kyrose on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:29 pm

The calories burned from exercise mostly have to do with the fact it takes x much energy over y time. I'm not sure exactaly why you heat up when exercising, but i assume its due to Friction within your veins. The bulk of the calories burned are from the exertion, not the cooling.

When you go for a walk, the heat is cause by the fact its fucking hot out. As your exertion isnt as high, your breathing is fine. over all you cant gauge your rate of buring calories off of the amount of sweat you pour.

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:34 pm

I know all that, I just was wondering what effect the temp DID have, if any, on the calories burning.

Temperature increase is largely caused by the chemical conversions within your body as your blood pumps faster.

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:36 pm

It has an effect, but i think its pretty negligible. maybe a couple percent?

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Okie dokie, just wondering.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:59 am