The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

a quick but intense week

Kyrose

a quick but intense week

Post  Kyrose on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:23 pm

I've realized that I change things up alot. I'm a firm beleiver that the less use to a specific order of operations, the better you'll do. I'm a big fan of the deck of cards workout (to be explained in another post), despite having never tried it. reason being its completely random, and i know it would whip me into shape.

That said, i've decided its time to pull my system together a bit. Here for the first time is week one of Kyrose's boot-camp.

MONDAY
    strength endurance day

burpees for time (as many as possible in 5 minutes)
    trip-pulls
    pushup plank for time
    trip=pulls
    hindu pushups
    hindu squats
    overhead pushups
    hindu squats
    cardio (10 minutes medium)

TUESDAY
    martial arts

attend class or orange/green review 5 per side

WEDNESDAY
    strength and flexibility day

morning burpees 8-7-6-5-4 (10sec rest between sets, less reps if needed)
    Yoga (download a dvd.)

THURSDAY
    martial arts

attend class or orange/green review 5 per side

FRIDAY or SATURDAY (preferably friday)
    raw strength day

one legged squats to fail
    one armed pushups to fail
    one armed chinups to fail
    hands on ball pushups
    hands on ball pushups

(subsitute any exercise you can only perform 0-5 reps of, that works the same muscle group. thats right 0-5.)

The week i've described is laid out the way it is for a reason. Starting off with strength endurance work will prep your body. you will be sore, no two ways about it, but it's a much differant kind of sore than from a straight strength day. it will leave you able to handle the lighter workout of karate on day 2. day 3 its time to get rid of any excess stiffness with a good helping of yoga. day 4 you will be sore again. Yoga is old and full of treachery. you'll feel great afterwards, but will welcome a relaxing day of karate. Day 5 is going to be rough, not gonna lie. But you've spent the whole week getting ready for it. your stronger, have more endurance and are more flexible than when you started. your system is ready to help you recover. all you have to do is push with all your might a mear 9-45 times depending on your strength level. Then its two full days of rest to let those muscles build.

The longest days will be day three, unless you get a straight to it no bullshit yoga dvd. if thats the case instead of an hour it would be 20-30 minutes, making day one the longest as it takes 30. Days 2 and 4 should take 20 minutes at most, and day 5 could in theory be done in as few as 10, 20 at the most. So your total input for the ENTIRE week is roughly 110-150 minutes. Considering the number of people who go to the gym 5 hours (300 minutes) per week, i think your getting off pretty good, and will probaly see better results.

Re: a quick but intense week

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:21 pm

I was pondering doing the Deck Of Cards Workout, since it's something I could actually do with my kids (or at least son) as an activity. We'll draw a card, and do it together, and he'll learn about it. Do a few cards every day/night with him.

Kyrose

Post  Kyrose on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:23 pm

Its great. never know how hard your gonna have to work, or what your gonna have to work.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:34 pm